Terrific Scientific: An exciting new BBC science initiative for 9-11 year-olds
Join us on a national scientific journey of discovery with a new BBC initiative inspiring school pupils to discover their inner scientist.
The BBC will be supporting science topics with exciting UK wide mass participation investigations for 9 – 11 year olds, including online videos and curriculum-led teacher resources. The Geological Society has developed educational resources to support one of the topics covered; other partners include Wellcome, the Royal Societies for the sciences, and specialist science educators.
Starting in the spring term 2017, this initiative will inspire pupils to work scientifically and help schools to deliver key points of the primary science curricula in a fun, engaging and exciting way, supported by some of the BBC’s best known programmes and talent.
Water experiments supported by GSL are running 6 February to 11 March!
Sign up now to take part at www.bbc.co.uk/terrificscientific and look out for:
- A series of exciting topic-related investigations covering key elements of the curricula across the UK including Taste, Water, Time, Trees and Speed
- An interactive website to excite pupils and support teachers, featuring a map of results from schools all over the UK
- Simple and engaging investigations for the classroom - no specialist equipment needed
- Extra resources, online videos and professional development from the BBC to back them up
- Tailored BBC Live Lessons: interactive webcasts that use innovative activities and expert speakers
- Support from big name BBC shows and on screen talent to help ignite pupils’ interest in science
This BBC science initiative has been designed for:
- Year 5 and Year 6 pupils (England and Wales)
- Primary 5, Primary 6 and Primary 7 pupils (Scotland)
- P6 and P7 pupils (Northern Ireland)