Renew your Fellowship
The annual renewal of Fellowship and subscriptions options is underway for 2017.
We hope you have enjoyed and benefited from your Fellowship over the last year and thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve the login problems on the website.
The Society continues to look at ways to add value to your membership whilst also seeking to keep the increase to your annual Fellowship fee as low as possible. Therefore we are pleased to announce, that there will be no increase in subscription fees for 2017.
Your support is invaluable to the Society and we hope to continue working together to engage with the important work we do for our science and profession.
*Please note, you do not need to log in to MyGSL to pay your Fellowship fees
How to pay
Fees are due for 2017 subscriptions by 1 November 2016. An individual renewal letter has been posted or emailed to you - on or shortly after 23 September 2016.
You can pay anytime, 24 hours a day, using the secure online payment link (emailed to you)
Call +44 (0)330 088 3447, 24 hours a day, to pay via our automated telephone service
Pay by Direct Debit, and spread the expense; paying in up to four instalments at no extra cost.
How to change products/subscriptions
If you wish to update your subscription options, please complete the Update my Subscriptions form
Please allow 2 working days for the update to take place, after which a new payment link will be emailed to you (if the payment amount changes).
More detail on how to pay
- We have sent you an email outlining your subscription balance with a secure WorldPay payment link - on or shortly after 23/09/2016. If you do not need to make any changes simply click the link to pay, using all major payment options. Once you have paid, you will receive a receipt by email.
If you have not received the balance email please check your junk mail before contacting membership. If you do need to request a new payment link email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To pay using the new automated telephone payment service call
+44 (0)330 088 3447. You will need your Fellowship number & date of birth to process a payment.
To make changes to your subscriptions please see How to change products/subscriptions above before calling the payment line.
- To pay by cheque make out a cheque payable to the Geological Society and send it to The Geological Society, Burlington House, London, W1J 0BG
- To spread the cost by Direct Debit - Download the Direct Debit Instruction (above), complete with UK bank details, and return it to the Geological Society by 20 October 2016. Forms received after this date will not be eligible to pay in four instalments.
- If you requested a paper invoice please complete the form and return to the Geological Society along with a cheque or completed Direct Debit form.
- If you are a UK taxpayer you may be able to claim income tax relief on your Fellowship fees, effectively reducing the actual cost of membership by up to 40%. An explanatory leaflet and form are available to download (above).
- See a full list of fees and supplements for more information.
- If you anticipate difficulty in paying please contact membership at email@example.com
Re-instatement of lapsed Fellowship
Membership lapsed in June 2016
If your membership lapsed due to non-payment of fees for 2016 – you can still pay for your 2016 fees and re-instate your membership by calling the Fellowship office on 020 7434 9944.
Membership lapsed before 2016
If your membership lapsed on or prior to 2015, you will need to re-apply and be re-elected. Please complete the form below and return with the appropriate payment. Apply online or Download an application form.